Add this math and then tell me whose stories we’re telling!!
1. In episode 1 of the podcast Justin Clemens talks about a personal link between reading trash Sci-Fantasy and Hamlet. He then details how Michael Moorcock used royalties from The Knight of the Swords to fund New Wave SF magazine New Worlds, which went on to publish Pynchon, …and Burroughs.
2. Burroughs said literature was an alien virus from outer space...
3. P K Dick scholar, AND self-described former Shakespeare man, Christopher Palmer, said that Hamlet was a play morphing into the novel form …via its excessive use of surveillance! #conspiracy
4. Kundera says the novel enters literature as Quixote rides out into the un-God desert of the universe and fiction.
5. Creator of 2001, Arthur C. Clarke, says narrative and the Mandelbrot set are linked. #chaos
6. Ursula K. Le Guin, SF writer and critic, disseminates narrative theories.
7. P K Dick invented the Voight-Kampff test.
8. Timelords can’t love!
9. Hamlet has no empathy! Clemens: “He’s basically a psycho killer.”!!
For the full and revealing discussion of WHO OR WHAT SENT US THE NOVEL FORM?! tune in to episode 1 of the podcast: